Go to source: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/934570/rodrigo-duterte-duterte-ill-gotten-wealth-office-of-the-ombudsman-aquilino-pimentel-iii-koko-pimentel-conchita-carpio-morales-edcel-lagman-antonio-trillanes-iv?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1506814324
Go to source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDghT3dbzYY
Actor Pen Medina tells protesters not to hate and instead love people dubbed as “Dutertards” or the rabid supporters of President Rodrigo Duterte, because they are victims of the President’s promises. Video and editing by RYAN LEAGOGO
Read more: http://videos.inquirer.net/?tracked=true&pfrm=template&categoryID=all&vtnid=MCsxMDA1MDgyfHwyMzY4fHwxMTE4fHx8fDV8fA==&video_title=#ixzz4tOnASHwB
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook
The opposition lawmaker then went to the Raffles City Tower to check business listings for the “Hongkong Shanghai Bank,” where he also allegedly concealed account with a balance of some SGD 278,000. He found no listing for the supposed bank.
MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte last night heaped insults anew at Commission on Human Rights (CHR) Chairman Chito Gascon, asking him if he is “gay” or a “pedophile.”
“Itong si Gascon…parang pedophile kang pu**** i** ka! Bakit ka mahilig masyado sa teenager (This Gascon…he is like a pedophile, son of a b****! Why are you so fond of teenagers)?” Duterte said in Davao after the release of SPO2 George Canete Rupinta, who had been held for three months by the New People’s Army. “Nagdududa tuloy ako eh. Bakla ka o pedophile ka? (I now have my doubts. Are you gay or a pedophile)? Why is this guy suffocated about the issue of young people, especially boys? Are you a pedophile? Do you want the young? You almost cry blood. Of course it’s repugnant. You are so fixated with young males. So I have doubts if you are a pedophile, gago ka (you are stupid), idiot,” he added.
(Editor’s note: We are reposting this story to clarify and update the story by AFP we published earlier.)
(2nd Update, 2:09 p.m.) The declaration of a nationwide martial law next week is a “remote possibility,” Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said Friday.
Wire service Agence France-Presse, which earlier came out with a report titled “Philippines’ Duterte may declare martial law next week: Defense chief,” has updated its story to remove its reference to next week.
Below is the original article that was changed by the editors.
President Rodrigo Duterte may declare nationwide martial law next week if threatened massive protests by communists and other leftists against his rule turn violent or disrupt the country, his defense chief said Friday.
“He said, if the left will try to have a massive protest, start fires on the streets, they will disrupt the country, then I might (declare martial law),” Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana told reporters.
MANILA, Philippines – Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III contradicted President Rodrigo Duterte’s claim and said Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales is entitled to a full term.
Pimentel said the 1987 Constitution mandates a term of 7 years for the Ombudsman.
Asked if Morales is “entitled” to the same, the Senate President told reporters on Wednesday, August 30: “That’s my reading of the Constitution, 7 years. Seven years dapat, ‘di sya lalagpas sa 7 years (It should be 7 years, her term should not exceed 7 years).”
“So [she was appointed in] 2011, so 2018 si Ombudsman [matatapos] (her term will end in 2018),” he added.
Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon, a former justice chief, shared the same view, and said Duterte’s remark “does not make sense.”
“It is obvious that term is for a full 7 years. As distinguished from other constitutional officials, where it is expressly stated that the appointee who assumes the unexpired portion of the term will only serve the unexpired portion – the COA, the Comelec, for example. There is no such expressed provision on the Office of the Ombudsman,” Drilon told reporters.
“Her term will be finished in July 2018. It (Duterte’s remark) doesn’t make sense,” he added.
FACT CHECK. The French government rejected Wednesday President Rodrigo Duterte’s claim that suspected criminals in France are detained indefinitely and presumed guilty until proven innocent.
“We have to point out that, as in the Philippines, the presumption of innocence until proven guilty is at the core of the French judicial system, based on the principles enshrined in the French Declaration of Human and Civic Rights of August 26, 1789,” the Embassy of France in Manila said in a statement.
“We knock on the consciences of those who kill even the helpless, especially those who cover their faces with bonnets, to stop wasting human lives,” Cardinal Luis Tagle said in a letter read at masses across Manila on Sunday, the Inquirer reported.
The Cardinal also called on “the consciences of those manufacturing and selling illegal drugs to stop this activity,” stressing the complexity of the issue with no one organization unable to claim they have the correct solution.
Calling for a joint response to the issue, he asked for government, police, faith-based communities, and recovering addicts to come together to find a solution.
MANILA, Philippines – A US-based group yesterday urged President Duterte to withdraw a call for police to shoot human rights activists “obstructing justice.”
Human Rights Watch (HRW), an international rights watchdog, said the President’s order places all members of the country’s human rights community in grave danger.
In a statement, a copy of which was e-mailed to The STAR, HRW Deputy Asia Director Phelim Kine said Duterte should retract his “reprehensible remarks immediately before there is more blood on his hands.”
On Wednesday, Duterte directed policemen to “shoot those who are part (of drug activity). If they (are members of human rights organizations) obstructing justice, you shoot them.”
“President Duterte’s threats against human rights activists is like painting a target on the backs of courageous people working to protect the rights and upholding the dignity of all Filipinos, Kine said.
Citing HRW field research, Kine said the government claims that the deaths of suspected drug users and dealers were lawful, but these were “blatant falsehoods.”
MANILA, Philippines – The death of Kian Loyd delos Santos, 17, sparked outrage as the Caloocan City police allegedly framed him and forced him to fight back to justify killing him in “self defense.”
Witnesses said the police handed Delos Santos a gun, and ordered him to pull the trigger and run.
The police then shot back and killed the grade 11 student, in a case that has become an eye-opener about President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs. (READ: Bishop slams killing of 17-year-old boy in drug war)
The alleged frame-up that killed Delos Santos also brought to mind earlier statements by Duterte.
On December 19, 2016, Duterte urged law enforcers to push drug suspects to fight. “O ‘pag walang baril…bigyan mo ng baril.” (If he has no gun, give him a gun.)
The President, after all, has repeatedly encouraged law enforcers to shoot criminals who fight back. (READ: Shoot to kill? Duterte’s statements on killing drug users)
Duterte made these remarks more than a month after Albuera mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr was killed in a reported shootout with the police. In his speech, he also referred to allegations that Espinosa’s death was a rubout.
MANILA, Philippines — Human rights groups denounced on Thursday President Rodrigo Duterte’s latest tirade against them during which he ordered security forces to shoot activists for “obstructing” justice.
Speaking at the anniversary of the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption, Duterte again made plain his disdain for the Commission on Human Rights, a constitutional body, threatening to have it investigated for “conspiracy” because “galit ako sa inyo (I am angry at you).”
Responding to this, CHR spokesperson Jacqueline de Guia said: “The Commission wishes to reiterate that it is merely doing its constitutional duty and it remains hopeful that the government will recognize that the guarantee of equal protection of the law as well as fair and impartial trial including investigation is a constitutional right available to every Filipino.”
But the rights groups Karapatan and Human Rights Watch were not as restrained in their reactions to the latest threat from Duterte, who has repeatedly cursed critics of his “war against drugs,” which has claimed thousands of lives since last year.
Gordon said he and his fellow senators are not satisfied with the reaction of President Duterte – which he described as a “whimper” – to reports that he was allowing Bureau of Customs (BOC) Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon to continue holding on to his post.
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte’s latest controversial remarks target the North Korean regime, and they come just a few days ahead of his hosting a meeting of foreign diplomats at the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Regional Forum.
In his typical colorful rhetoric, Duterte professed his hatred for war and described North Korean ruler Kim Jong Un as a “fool” and a “son of a bitch” who is “playing with dangerous toys.”
“This Kim Jong Un, a fool…. He is playing with dangerous toys, that fool,” Duterte said in a speech live-streamed on Facebook to tax officials on Wednesday. Then, he commented on Kim Jong Un’s appearance.
MANILA, Philippines – President Duterte has suspended the military offensive in Marawi, citing concerns over the safety of some 300 civilians being held by Islamic militants still holed up in some parts of the besieged city.
“We will finish it. We are not joking. Until the last terrorist is taken out, the war will continue. They have 300 hostages there and that is what is delaying (the operations),” the President said in his second State of the Nation Address.
“Sabi ko, huwag mo muna i-assault (I said, hold off the assault) if possible. We just have to wait it out,” he added.
The safety of the civilians, he pointed out, is the primary consideration of government forces.
BEST TO READ FROM SOURCE: http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/07/26/1721632/duterte-suspends-military-operations-marawi
(Updated, 12:51 p.m.) President Rodrigo Duterte wants the extension of martial law in Mindanao until the end of the year, his spokesman said Tuesday.
Duterte, in a letter to Congress, said the “existing rebellion” in Mindanao would not end on July 22, the 60th day in the limit prescribed by the Constitution.
“Upon a thorough personal assessment of the current situation in Marawi City and other parts of Mindanao and taking into account the reports and recommendations of the Secretary of National Defense as martial law administrator, the chief-of-staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) as martial law implementor and the chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), I have come to the conclusion that the existing rebellion in Mindanao which prompted me to issue Proclamation 216 on 23rd May 2017, will not be quelled completely by the 22nd July 2017 – the last day of 60-day period provided under Section 18 Article VII of the 1987 Constitution,” Duterte said in a message read by Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella in a Palace briefing.
“For this reason and because public safety requires it, I call upon the Congress to extend until 31st December 2017 or for such a period of time as the Congress may determine the proclamation of martial law and the suspension of the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in the whole of Mindanao,” Duterte’s message added.
MANILA – A group of former Philippine government officials urged President Rodrigo Duterte to reverse the reinstatement of policemen linked to the killing of Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr.
According to the group ‘Former Senior Government Officials’ (FSGO), the reinstatement of Supt. Marvin Marcos and 18 of his men makes the government look like it condones extrajudicial killings.
“It displays Mr. Duterte’s contempt for national and international law and warns against expectations that the thousands of deaths from the Drug War will undergo any credible investigation,” the group said.
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte made another joke about rape, condemning the crime while saying he would congratulate a rapist who could carry out his crime on an international pageant winner, even knowing that he could be executed later.
Duterte made the joke in a speech to Filipino diplomats in his southern home town of Davao, as he defended his war on drugs, which has left thousands dead since he took office last year.
“What I don’t like are kids (being raped.) You can mess with, maybe Miss Universe. Maybe I will even congratulate you for having the balls to rape somebody when you know you are going to die,” for your crime, he said on Friday, implying the rapist would be lynched.
Manila – Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte made a new joke about rape on Friday, saying he would congratulate a rapist who could carry out the crime even knowing he would die.
The often-foul mouthed Duterte made the joke in a speech to Filipino diplomats in his southern home town of Davao as he defended his bloody war on crime which has left thousands dead since he took office last year.
“What I don’t like are kids [being raped]. You can mess with, maybe Miss Universe. Maybe I will even congratulate you for having the balls to rape somebody when you know you are going to die,” [for your crime], he said, implying the rapist would be lynched.
The Senate committee on public order and dangerous drugs will launch an investigation into the reinstatement of Supt. Marvin Marcos to active duty, Senator Panfilo Lacson said Thursday.
“Yes, first week upon resumption,” Lacson said in a text message to reporters when asked if he will conduct a probe.
The second regular session of Congress will open in two weeks, on July 24.
Lacson had condemned President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to reinstate Marcos, one of the police officials accused of homicide in connection to the death of Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa, Sr.
Why did President Rodrigo Duterte order the reinstatement of the cops behind the murder of Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr.?
For Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, Duterte’s staunch critic, it was because the President is afraid the team of Supt. Marvin Marcos would incriminate Duterte in the murder of Espinosa.
“Duterte not only set the murderers free, he now gave back their badges and guns so they could murder again with impunity. Why? Because Duterte fears that these policemen might rat out on him for what they know about his involvement in the Espinosa murder,” Trillanes said in a text message to reporters on Thursday.
Senator Richard Gordon slammed Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa for failing to tell President Duterte that reinstating Supt. Marvin Marcos and 18 other cops involved in the murder of Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr. would be bad for the police force.
“There are cowards around the President who are not telling the truth,” Gordon told reporters in an interview at his office on Thursday. “Sinabi ‘yan ni Bato noon na galit siya sa ginawa ni Marcos (Bato said in the past that he’s angry at what Marcos did) but he should have stayed the course and he should have told the President,” Gordon said.
“Si Bato, dapat managot,” Gordon added.
MANILA, Philippines — Senators on Thursday could not hide their disgust at the decision of President Rodrigo Duterte to reinstate a Leyte cop and his men who were suspended for their alleged involvement in the murder of a former mayor, with the head of the Senate panel which investigated the incident spewing an invective to describe the move.
On Wednesday, Duterte announced that he had ordered the return to active service of Superintendent Marvin Marcos and his 18 men who were accused of orchestrating the killing of former Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa and his cell mate, saying that the leader of the CIDG raiding team should be reactivated as he was far from the location of the incident.
Sen. Panfilo Lacson, head of the Senate panel on public order which launched an investigation into the death of Espinosa and inmate Raul Yap last year, summed up his frustration in the words Duterte regularly uses to lash out at his critics: “In sum, there is a phrase to describe this whole damn thing:
READ FROM SOURCE:
The office of Trillanes sent to the media on Tuesday an excerpt of Duterte’s speech before the Philippine Chinese Charitable Association last June, where the President admitted in jest that he had committed #corruption.
Duterte said: “I hate corruption. Hindi ako nagmamalinis. Marami rin akong nanakaw pero naubos na, so wala na (I don’t pretend to be clean. I have also stolen a lot but I’ve already spent it all, so it’s all gone).”
“This admission confirms my corruption allegation against Duterte,” Trillanes said in a statement.
MANILA, Philippines – Despite being chairman of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (#ASEAN) this year, Philippine President Rodrigo #Duterte was not invited to the prestigious G20 Summit held in Hamburg, Germany last week.
A Palace official confirmed to Rappler that no formal invitation for Duterte was received by Malacañang from the German government, host of this year’s #G20 Summit which was held from July 7 to 8.
A German government spokesperson also confirmed this to Rappler.
“The Philippines did not belong to the invited guest countries,” said the Press and Information Office of the Federal Government of Germany.