Duterte son-in-law calls sacked DOTr exec a liar over rail project
The son-in-law of President Rodrigo Duterte has lashed out at former Transportation Assistant Secretary Mark Tolentino after the latter claimed that a member of the first family had given him the go-signal to proceed with the Mindanao railway project.
According to Joseph Morong’s report on “24 Oras”, Tolentino on Friday announced in a press conference that he had been placed in charge of the rail project.
He also told the media that he asked a member of the first family, who told him upon inquiry that he should proceed with it.
“Warning… this liar is claiming that he is in charge of the Mindanao and is spreading lies that he has the blessing of the first family,” Attorney Mans Carpio said in a Facebook post.
“What!!! Do not ever use the first family in your shenanigans. May nalalaman ka pang presscon. Tigilan mo na yan!” he added.